Big School? Big Decisions!
Transitioning your child to Kindergarten
The decision to send your child into formal schooling is a concern for many caregivers, even more so when your child has additional learning or medical difficulties.
It is not always easy for caregivers to navigate the education system, particularly given the recent changes to Department of Education enrolment for children with additional needs. To ensure that your child gets the best head-start at “Big School” our ‘Transition to Kindergarten’ parents workshops have been specifically developed to:
- Guide parents through the steps to enrolling a child with additional needs into Kindergarten
- Empower caregivers with the right questions to ask potential schools when choosing the best education environment
- Discuss the options of schooling and levels of support available to school children
- Provide checklists to parents related to the skills required of children entering into Kindergarten
- Offer the opportunity to discuss any concerns related to school entry
This workshop is open to any caregivers that have children entering formal schooling within the next few years. Remember, it is never too early to prepare for your child’s future.
Thursday 29th July, 2015
South West Kids Clinic (Casula Clinic)
12C, 633-639 Hume Highway
To reserve your place in either parent workshop, please speak to reception or call 9602 3377.